newskepticx's blog

Never Knowing - Chevy Stevens Firstly, I won this book through firstreads here on Goodreads and I was delighted to receive it. It's my first book that's been an advanced reader's copy so I was excited.

I'll start off with what I liked about the book. It was a cleverly woven plot with careful attention to detail which any good mystery/suspense novels need. It was engaging from the first page, and I read the entire thing in one sitting (I was at work too). Without revealing too much, it's scary and funny and fast-paced in all the right places.

The only problem I had with the book was every once in the while there would be a poor word choice or awkward phrasing that distracted me from the plot. One such example is when Sarah's daughter accuses the dog of "molesting" her doll. Ick. Molesting? Considering the subject matter, it was not the best word to use. I think it stems from a slight heavy handedness with language where it should flow more easily and definitely something that can be edited to catch.

Overall, a good read! I passed it on to my mother because she absolutely loves mysteries, and she's already loving it.

The Endtimes of Human Rights